Any educational or non-educational school / academy / performance group can register and join our choir.
This is a question we are asked all the time.
Young Voice are well established amongst schools; and judging by the amount of arena shows they put on every year, they are an extremely professional company.
When we started Voice in a Million in 2009, we went to watch a couple of Young Voice concerts prior to launching our our first event. We decided having seen theirs, we wanted to do something different, a different experience for both those taking part and the audience.
VIAM (Voice in a Million) carries an underlying message throughout; and that is to primarily use our events as a vehicle to promote Adoption and Fostering. That coupled with the fact that the founders and producers of VIAM have over 50 years experience between them of staging and producing live shows with some of the biggest acts.
We wanted to stage a show, that not only appealed to the parents and family of the choir, but also one that would appeal to the general public. We also wanted to engage the children taking part more, so we don’t turn the auditorium round as Young Voice do. We have an end stage, with the choir in the galleries to the sides; and also have a mass choir of selected schools on stage.
Unlike Young Voice, we also nurture the more talented members of the choir and schools, to perform on stage, along with some of our guest performers.
In addition we have 12 cameras running; and feeding our large screen at the back of the stage; and during the performance, most if not all of the youngsters in the mass choir are seen in close up on the big screen.
All of the above, together with over 40 tonnes of sound and lighting, creates our wonderful spectacle.
So yes we are different; and if you have taken your school to a Young Voice’s event and they enjoyed it, then they will love taking part in a VIAM event
Yes, Individuals can join the choir. We recommend that individuals join our stage choir.
At every one of our Arena Events, the VIAM Stage Choir are the performers that are on stage during the performance. They provide the lead vocals and harmonies for the Mass Choir in the Choir Galleries.
We take choir members as young as six or seven; and some of our choir members are in their mid twenties. 90% of the choir is aged between 7 and 14
One of our team will email you with a welcome pack. You will also be able to access all the rehearsal materials and documents on this website. We normally only allow access to these materials via our membership programme; and we recommend that each teacher, parent or choir member registers as a member on the site (Free).
Not only does this allow you access to all the materials, it also adds you to our news list. We send out regular updates on the events via our emailed newsletter.
Taking part as a choir member is actually free. We do however require that each choir member wears one of our event T Shirts at an event; and these cost £12.50 each.
There are additional costs if an individual joins as a stage choir members.
Yes of course. In our arena events, the capacity is generally around 12,000, and this is taken up by 6,000 choir members and 6,000 audience. When selecting your audience seats, we do give the option to have the best seat chosen for you, to enable the best possible view of your child or school group.
This is a family show and suitable for all ages.
There is no charge for a child under two, they must sit in the parent’s lap.
All other seats are full price.
Tickets are available from our online box office at Rock on Digital.., you can access the page directly here or you can call our office on 01932 859667.
Tickets are also on General sale at the SSE Arena Wembley from October , and Hull City Hall Box Office in July, please note Venue Box Offices are not able to tell you where each individual school is sitting. If you want to sit with the best view of your schools’ you can select this option on the VIAM online box office.
We and the venue operate a strict camera policy for photographs or video.
ALLOWED ; Mobile phones, small compact cameras
NOT ALLOWED; Ipads, tablets, SLR Cameras / long lenses, Video cameras.
Yes, We do record each of our events. The recordings will be available on our website following the event
No. VIAM is a commercial organisation. We do stage our shows to ‘Raise Awareness’ of children in care; and use VIAM as a platform to encourage others to consider adoption or fostering as a life choice. From time to time, we do allow relevant charities to fund raise at our events.
Please note, that at the end of the performance, we ask that the audience remain seated, whilst the children are escorted out of the venue. They will be escorted by their teachers, either to their coaches if they are travelling by coach, or to a designated meeting point . We suggest that schools meeting parents after the event..use their banners to indicate their meeting point location. At VIAM2016, we are allocating various meeting points on Arena Square directly in front of the main entrance. These allocated points will be sent to each school prior to the event. We will also be posting the collection points on the website, under the Parent’s Page.
Unless in the case of emergency, we do not permit parents and children to meet on the concourses during the performance or interval. Choir should be escorted by a teacher or chaperone at all times, when being allowed into the public areas.
Didn’t find the answer?
Fill out the below form, with your question; and we will endevour to answer within a few hours, if during working hours. If out of working hours we will respond the next day
VIDEO From our 2015 Show
Video from Wembley 2014
- On behalf of everyone at Ley Hill School, we would like to say ‘Thank you for such an amazing time at Voice in a Million concert at Wembley – 2nd March 2016’.The concert was fantastic, a once in a lifetime event they will remember forever. The children were thrilled to be on stage singing and dancing to such a brilliant list of contemporary songs that they could relate to and will inspire them in their music lessons.The Ley Hill children were extremely excited to see all the other performers and be part of such a worthwhile cause. The whole event was so professionally organised and stress free for us teachers which I have to say was a major plus.Even though there were so many other schools present, it really felt like everything was ordered and the children were safe at all times – we felt like one big family! ….Ley Hill School
A once in a lifetime event they will remember forever
- Well done on another fantastic event, with such dedicated staff that go out of their way to make things easy!It’s so great to involved in such an inspirational event. Children’s and parent’s feedback has been excellent this year.…. St Leonard’s LowerAnother fantastic event
a HUGE thank you for the wonderful concert last week. We were thrilled to be on stage – what an experience for the children!...The Vale Primary
- Wow, what another incredible night. We had a wonderful time and to see it all come together for yet another year made it so special, thank you.I know I say it every year but I continue to be amazed at the way in which everyone gives so much, the friendliness of the staff is simply outstanding. From the dancers, to singers, to other schools, the way in which everyone gelled was just brilliant. You should be very proud of what you have all achieved not only have you raised the awareness of adoption but also highlighted just how much can be gained by bringing together the children through music. The children at my academy are still buzzing, thank you….…Cherry Tree Academy
VIAM2016 – Another Incredible Night
There are simply no words to describe the experiences the children had. It was our first year and certainly NOT our last……..Ravenscote Junior School
Very well organised event
- A huge thank you for a wonderful, memorable evening. This was our 4th VIAM event and 3rd at Wembley. 83 children ranging from 6 – 10 years old, from Cherry Tree Academy sang, danced and thoroughly enjoyed themselves.The organisation as ever was brilliant, exceptionally so this year. I take my hat off to the team who put so much in every step of the way and have patience second to non.Finally, it was incredible to receive an email from a parent of one of our youngsters who has been thinking of adoption for a long time. Their journey is now one step closer thanks to Wednesday night as it gave them the encouragement to begin the conversation with their son. Fantastic news.See you next year….Cherry Tree Academy
Cherry Tree Academy
- Orleans Primary and I cannot thank you enough for a really, really amazing night and for giving us the wonderful opportunity to sing on stage with sooooooooo many amazing children!We were all incredibly proud of our little ones in Wake Me up, Stars, Never forget and Let it go….I also wanted to add how helpful you were ALL the time, always happy on the end of the phone to answer our many questions. Nothing was too much too ask even when we phoned on the day to say we had had an overlook in tickets numbers and it was sorted out promptly as well as the fact we hadn’t ordered enough t shirts, also sorted out by yourselves and your wonderful member of staff, Stef!Another thing which was brilliant was despite the fact that you guys were so busy on stage you still took the time to speak to everyone and also so reassuring that you knew the kids well and we were so so delighted to be able to stay on stage with our children, that was really wonderful
Orleans Primary School
- Wow, fantastic, fandabidozy, exhilarating superb…….well I just can’t find the right words to describe the ecstatic feeling I felt onWednesday night (our children also had a fabulous time). I have worked here at Benwick Primary School for nearly 30 years and I have never experienced or enjoyed anything as much as I did on Wednesday . I am now pressing for us to return next year. Well done to you and your team for all your hard work, special thanks to the young man who was on the corner of the stage directing us with the moves – I certainly couldn’t have done it without him and all my aerobic exercises done for the year! My feet are still aching but everytime I think about them I just smile and remember how worthwhile it was. I cannot believe that you could pull together so many children / schools to make it happen. I will recommend to my friends who work in other schools to watch out when the booking opens for next year.Once again, thank you and all your team for the show. Look forward to seeing you next year…..School Secretary
- I just wanted to say thank you for another wonderful VIAM evening. We really enjoyed the whole day and our children were absolutely thrilled to have taken part.I’d also like to say a big thank you to Cathy – who very kindly found me some glo-sticks and hand delivered them to me in the afternoon – when I am sure she had plenty of other things to do. Please pass on our thanks to everyone involved in the show – particularly the behind the scenes staff who may not be seen as easily but who obviously work tirelessly to make sure it all runs smoothly.The quality of the performances on the main stage were fantastic and continue to inspire our children.Well done and thank you,..…Benwick Primary SchoolBenwick Primary
- Just wanted to say that we had an amazing time last night, the girls from Millais absolutely loved it and are already hounding me for organising next year as well!!What a fantastic opportunity you have given and for such a good cause…..Millais School
- We wanted to say well done for such an amazing job that you did with the Wembley Arena concert last night. Parents and children were all buzzing on the coach last night saying how fantastic it had all been. You must be tremendously proud of all that you achieve and all for such a good cause too!….Talbot House Preparatory
Talbot House Preparatory
- I just wanted to say how fantastic we thought the concert was on Wednesday evening. It was our first time and it was so lovely to see so many children having such a wonderful evening, the atmosphere was electric.Our elder daughter Jessica Lovelock was in the stage choir and had had an amazing experience, the first thing she said after was she wanted to do it again next year! Our younger daughter Isabelle, who came with her school also had a fabulous time.A big thank you to everyone involved as I can appreciate the work that must go into a production of that size. You all did an amazing job for such a worthy cause.Congratulations to you all,…ParentParent
- What a fantastic event – my son took part last night and it really was an experience of a lifetime.His Grandmother went to watch and wanted me to pass on her congratulations to the female compere who held the event together so well and was really good at keeping to timings. There were a lot of exhausted but exhilarated children there at the end and she was spot on at trying to get everyone off home.Parent
I was lucky enough to be in the audience last night at Wembley and it’s was amazing. My daughter was taking part in one of the school Choirs around the side but the first thing she asked me after is if she could be in the Stage Choir next year :-)…ParentParent
My heartfelt congratulations to you and Robert for giving us Voice in a Million and the amazing event at Wembley. As mum to two wonderful adopted daughters I am humbled by your work on behalf of the thousands of children in the UK in need of a family, Voice in a Million is an inspiration to us all……Achievement For All
- I just wanted to thank you and say what a fantastic show last night and such an amazing cause.The children are so very talented. Harry had an absolutely amazing time with you, starting with his audition through to show. He would love to continue with the stage choir and is keen to get back to rehearsals in May. …..ParentStage Choir Parent
It was incredible to perform at such a prestigious venue and we all felt honoured to be taking part. It was an amazing evening. To perform in a 5,000 strong choir was a truly awesome experience, one that the children will never forget.”
Hunsbury Park Primary, Northampton.Hunsbury Park Primary
Fabulous event and cause. Super impressed.Parent
- Just wanted to thank the whole team for a fabulous evening last night. This was our first time at this event and I was truly amazed at the slickness of the organisation, the great sense of fun for all and the way the important message was shared. The power of music has no bounds!One of my children has always struggled in other areas of learning but for him it was fantastic. He carried the banner on stage and even though he was given the chance to arrive at school at 11.00 a.m. today, he arrived at 9.00 a.m. and said ‘I just want to learn’ which was quite amazing.Another one of my children asked if it could be Wembley stadium next year (what do you think?)Finally, thank you for your patience, answering all the endless questions. It was outstanding event and we will be back at Wembley Arena next year I’m sure.Everton Lower School
- Thank you for this wonderful event, the pupils had a great time and an amazing experience. It was a really spectacular event. Long may it continue.The Parker E Act Academy
- WOW! VIAM 2014 was a spectacularly amazing event, thank you thank you for creating the opportunity for so many gifted children to stand in their own light and shine beautifully bright. It was a true JOY to behold. The whole experience took Teddy’s breath away, he enjoyed every precious moment, he said it was the most incredible experience of his life.I can’t begin to imagine the hours and hard work that go into producing such an event by Team VIAM – you are truly inspirational and touching many lives in many ways. Thank you for giving this wonderFULL gift to so many.As a result of the event I learned much bout adoption that I didn’t know and I have been actively raising awareness of this to…..well….. anyone that listens!Parent
- I have to say that the event was better than ever as a concert and much easier to get in this year! I do think that having Matt was a coup and a half! The musicians on stage were brilliant and some made staff just go WOW! Well done and keep it going. Will look at nmext year again. I know that you were later starting rehearsals and that was the only negative, the rest of the event was absolutely amazing and the kids and ourselves loved it! You should be very proud.Iain McIntyreJohn Of Gaunt School
Well what can I say – thank you for such an amazing event and experience last Wednesday! We had amazing seats in block S6 down near the front to the right of the stage – thank you! It made our very long journey (16 hours) down South very very very worthwhile!
The kids and all our staff enjoyed VIAM2014 very very much! Thank you for sitting us next to Julie’s choir from Belmont House too it was great! …we are putting on a post VIAM concert on the 3rd of April up here in Kinlochbervie and hope to start raising some more funds to help support possibly attending next year again!.….Music Teacher, Kinlochbervie High SchoolKinlochbervie School
We participated in VIAM last year, when our sister school (who already registered), told us about it. Loved it last year (the kids and staff chaperones as well as staff and parents that came to the actual show), so we made sure we signed up for VIAM next year! – Goldbeaters Primary SchoolGoldbeaters Primary School
We attended the concert for the first time! AMAZING! We would love to come again.
– St Barnabas’ CE Primary School (Kent)St Barnabas CE Primary School
What a fabulous experience the night was! Thank you so much for having us and giving us all such a great opportunity
– StagechoirVIAM Stage Choir Members
Congratulations on an amazing event, it was truly spectacular!
– Boundary Oak School (Fareham)Boundary Oak School
Just a quick note to say a massive thank you for a great night last night! The talent that the soloists have is amazing and I admit, I did cry in places! Their voices were truly beautiful and sent a shiver down your back when you think of the words that they are singing. It was so lovely to spot my daughter with her school (Caterham) and watch them all swaying with their arms around each other and singing at the top of the voices. She sent me a text after the show finished which said “I’m glad I have you and Dad – love you!” which set me off again but I do think it has made a lot of the children realise how lucky they are and also all about adoption. It was a wonderful night and I will be singing “Oh Happy Day” for some time now! Thank you to the whole team for all your hard work and we all look forward to the next concert.
– (Parent) – Caterham SchoolParent
Thank you so much for a very enjoyable evening. Students at ATA had a lovely time and the event was a wonderful occasion. It has pressed people at school to consider helping young people who are adopted and need a loving home and to spread the awareness of it. Thanks again!
– Ashcroft Academy (London)Ashcroft Academy
I would just like to say thank you for the fantastic and moving performance given last night, everybody put their heart and soul into singing. . A special thanks to all the organisers who made this a very special night. My daughter was proud to be part of it.
– (Parent) Sunbury-on- ThamesParent
Many thanks for the experience; the kids loved the concert and the chance to be at the 02
– Caterham SchoolCaterham School
We wanted to thank you on behalf of all of our children for a fantastic day. The impact of participating in such an event is immeasurable in terms of experience and setting high aspirations.
– St Peter’s School Choir (Leatherhead)St Peters School, Leatherhead
We have had some wonderful comments from children and parents on a brilliant day yesterday! The children thoroughly enjoyed it and the parents thought it was a fabulous event. Thank you so much for the opportunity for our school to be a part of Voice in a Million! Congratulations also to you and the team for all the organisation.
– Coworth Flexlands SchoolCoworth Flexlands
I’d like to pass on a huge thank you from the staff and all the kids who came. The kids were totally buzzing and excited almost all the way home to Norfolk. Even in school today a couple of them came up to me thanking me for taking them. We’d love to come again next time. Again, a massive thank you and congratulations on a very successful, fun and quite emotional night! Well done to everyone involved!
– Reepham High School and College (Norfolk)Reepham High Scool
Just wanted to say thank you for an amazing experience yesterday. Our children had an amazing time and thoroughly enjoyed it. We have had fantastic feedback from parents of the children that took part! The organisation was fantastic!
– Thames Ditton Infant School (Surrey)Thames Ditton Infants
We would like to say how much we all enjoyed the concert! The children were buzzing afterwards and it was a real experience for them all! We have had many compliments from parents who really loved watching their children take part. The singers were amazing and the atmosphere was fantastic, it was a real success!
– Maple Primary School (Herts.)Maple Primary School
We are now back in Glasgow after our very exciting trip to London. The event was tremendous. Our kids are asking- are we coming next year miss! We have 2 adopted kids in the choir and they loved it and felt very special afterwards. Well done in such a well organised fabulous event.
– Belmont School (Glasgow)Belmont School
The children had the most fantastic time they have ever had. They were all still full of excitement today when they arrived at school. I think you all did a stunning job and what a number of children to cope with – a super time was had by all and your team were extremely helpful. We would certainly do it all again.
– St Saviour’s Junior School.St Saviours Junior School
I would like to thank you and say how much we enjoyed the day yesterday. All our students and chaperones had a brilliant time; it was a very special performance. And congratulations on being so efficient and prompt with timings –we were very impressed!
– The Knights Templar SchoolThe Knights Templar School
What a night!! We all had the most amazing experience. I don’t know how you manage nearly 8,000 children. You all do such a fantastic job. Thank you for everything and book us in for next year.
– Northgate SchoolNorthgate School